Comment on page
How to add missing ingredients to the Brewfather database
Adding ingredients to your personal inventory is as simple as going to the Inventory page by selecting it in the main menu, then open the type of ingredient and then clicking the Add button in lower left. Fill in the details, then save. Here is a guide on how to get proper malt data.
The same can be done for profiles in the "Profiles" page.
After adding the item, it will be available in the recipe designer.
You can help adding missing items or updating the existing with new/updated data by submitting a request in the app.
To add missing items, first add the items to your personal inventory as described above.
Then go to the settings page and click the "Manage" button in the data section to Submit Data Update Request.
Here you can submit a new request to add or update data in the global Brewfather database.
Click the "Submit new update request" button.
Add a description of your request that makes it easier to identify what you are updating/changing/adding.
Add a link to the source of the data, or describe how you got the information.
In the update request, click "Add Item" to add an equipment profile or ingredient to the request. After adding the item, you can alter or modify the data as needed.
You can also import a BSMX file using the import button at the top right. This will add all the items in the file to the request.
If you are updating an existing item with improved data, you must make sure the existing item is selected as the item to be replaced. Make sure you check that the item does not already exist in the database by searching for it by clicking "Add replaced item" then search (will only list the global data, excluding your personal data).
When you are done, click the "Submit for approval" button and the your request will be reviewed, and once approved, the added data will be available for all users of Brewfather.
There rules must be followed for your request to be approved.
- Make sure most of the numeric details are added when available
- Fermentability on fermentables can be left blank, this is normally not available
- Keep text description resonable in length, not too long and detailed
- Attenuation of yeast must be set to the maximum value specified by the laboratory. Example a yeast attenuates from 75% to 82%, set attenuation to 82% (this works best with the default "Normal" calculation method). But include the range in the data section for min and max.
- If you are updating an existing item with improved data, you must make sure the existing item is selected as the item to be replaced. Make sure you check that the item does not already exist in the database by searching for it by clicking "Add replaced item" then search (will only list the global data, excluding your personal data).
- The item you are requesting to be added must be of general interest to users of the app (i.e. not "Tony's mash tun")
- More guidelines will come as needed.